The Hellin Scholarship for Future Thinkers is intended to incentivize students to research and think critically about the future they are planning for themselves. $1,750 is available to a YSHS senior interested in furthering their high school education.
Students will be required to answer the following questions on their application:
- What is the name of your selected school?
- What is the graduation rate of your selected school? See bigfuture.collegeboard.org
- Have you researched whether your intended college(s) has a co-op or internship program? If it does, do you intend to take advantage of this program?
- Which, if any, extracurricular activities are you are planning to participate in at your intended school?
- Based on career & cost of living, how long do you project it will take to pay off your school loan, should you receive a loan?
- What field would you like to apply your education in eventually? What interests you in this field?
- Look up your dream job or any relevant career on bigfuture.collegeboard.org/career-search. What is the listed median income?
- Are there any other fields or majors you considered? Why have you decided against them?