A scholarship valued at up to $1,000 will be awarded to a qualified applicant.
- Applicants must be residents of Yellow Springs or Miami Township, and/or graduating from Yellow Springs High School or the Greene County Career Center.
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, or mentors who are not relatives of the applicant.
- Applicants may be asked to be interviewed by the scholarship committee to determine the recipient of the award.
Applicants must provide responses to the following topics, which will be evaluated and judged by a panel of professionals, so please tailor concise but complete responses accordingly.
- Write about your involvement in the Yellow Springs community and how you benefited from the experience. Explain if and how other individuals, organizations, or businesses were affected.
- Describe what you plan to do after you graduate from high school. This could include college or trade school (include name of institution and area of study if known), apprenticeship, etc.
- Considering your skills, interests and talents, and imagining that you have all the resources you need, tell us how you would develop or improve the economic vitality of Yellow Springs.